Listen up if you are a nurse practitioner who is:
- New to the billing and coding process
- Unsure if you are choosing the correct Evaluation and Management code
- Wanting a better explanation and real life practice scenarios
Unfortunately in my nurse practitioner training, I received very little information about the billing and coding process.
When I started working as a new grad in a primary care clinic, I was overwhelmed. Not only with assessing, diagnosing, and treating the patient, but also on how to properly code the visit.
I had very little education or feedback on the billing and coding process through work and had to teach myself.
Then the 2021 Evaluation and Management changes for outpatient visits went into affect. I again had to learn the updates and ensure I was coding the clinic visits correctly.
I created The Billing and Coding Course: Outpatient Visits to help nurse practitioners feel confident choosing the correct Evaluation and Management CPT® code for a patient visit, so you can avoid over coding (and under coding!) ensuring you receive proper insurance reimbursement!
About the Billing and Coding Course
This instant access, online course offers 75 minutes of video training (broken down into easy to consume lessons) teaching you the basics of coding in the outpatient setting!
Lesson topics include:
- Coding and Billing Terminology: Discover the lingo and process of coding and billing patient encounters.
- Introduction to Coding: Learn the things you didn’t learn in nurse practitioner school!
- Coding by Medical Decision Making: A complete breakdown of how to select each evaluation and management CPT® code using medical decision making.
- Coding by Time and Prolonged Services: This lesson covers the coding by time and the 2021 changes to the Evaluation and Management Codes.
- Practice Coding Examples: We will discuss real world examples and learn to code using evaluation and management levels 99202-99205 and 99211-99215.
And lifetime access to the course (come back and review at any time)!!
Plus a bonus:
6 Tips to Maximize RVUs!
Check out these 6 tips to increase your Relative Value Units (RVUs) (and learn what an RVU actually is)!
Hello more $$$
Also offering continuing education hours!
The Nurse Practitioner Charting School courses are approved for continuing education hours through The Elite Nurse Practitioner. The Elite Nurse Practitioner is an accredited educator of nursing continuing education through the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
If you are ready to….
- Implement the actionable information into your current practice
- Feel confident choosing the correct Evaluation and Management code
- And increase your knowledge and overall worth as a nurse practitioner
then The Nurse Practitioner Billing and Coding Course is for you!
The Nurse Practitioner Charting School– The one stop for all documentation resources made specifically for nurse practitioners.
Offering online courses:
Or get all three courses together in The NP Charting Courses Bundle!
P.S. Worried about the financial investment?
Ask your employer to cover the cost! I have had many NPs ask their boss to purchase the course or had it included as their continuing education money!
The Billing and Coding Course benefits both you and your employer! I mean, what kind of boss wouldn’t want their nurse practitioner to ensure they are properly coding the patient encounter. The knowledge gained in this course means more money for the employer and increased value for the nurse practitioner!